Hess Law Group p. 248-585-5555  f. 248-585-5556
Hess Law Group

Hess Law Group News

Overseas Bank Accounts?

Thursday, June 19th, 2014

We advise several clients with overseas interests and have spoken directly with dozens more over the years. Something that always comes up is, “If I am working overseas why do I have to pay tax to the United States?”. This post isn’t to discuss taxation of US citizens living overseas click here for an introductory discussion. This post is to point out the United States government is offering a reprieve to those citizens with the mistaken belief no taxes were due to the United States on their foreign income. For more information on this program review this article and call the Hess Law Group.